Tuesday, July 14, 2009

California Adventure

Hey Everyone! It has been just over a month since my last post and I hope all of you have been enjoying the past month as much as me. Summer time is a great opportunity for travel, sports, family, holidays, barbeque, and all kinds of other things. I must say I have been keeping busy with all of the above and then some! 
This post was inspired by my recent visit to the big Legoland in Carlsbad, California. Given the way District 97 has started incorporating Legos into the curriculum and the first grade field trip to the Legoland location in Schaumburg, I thought it only fitting to see the theme park in southern Cal.



Oh and I also made Legoland a destination because one of my life best friends is currently employed in the park as a artist drawing caricatures. He has amazing talent and it was an incredible opportunity to be sitting in a chair with one of my best friends drawing me. Take a look for yourself and see if this is how you imagine Mr. Reynolds to look as a cartoon. Some of you out there may recall the Olympic Day shirts for the 'Reynolds' Rhinos,' well this caricature is drawn by the same artist.



Hopefully you and your family have had some enjoyable experiences thus far in the summer of 2009.  If not, there is still half the summer remaining before the first day of a new school year.  Remember, it will only be the summer of 2009 once!  Haha!  In parting, I will leave you with a link to a blog post about music.  I know there are many of you searching for new, good, and FREE music appropriate for ears of all ages.  Check out this post, and see what you find.  Happy listening!