Thursday, August 12, 2010

Transition Time

Hello Readers!  It has been over a month since my last post and that's because I've had quite a lot going on.  As many of you know, I left the country for a month to study in Rome and explore other parts of Italy and Europe.  (I am currently sorting through literally thousands of pictures to find the best ones to share.) I returned just over a week ago and am getting my American footing back under me in preparation for the upcoming school year.  For me, summer is a great time to spend with family, explore new and old interests, and enjoy taking a break from the demanding formal academic world.  But for those of you that really know me, learning never stops and there is always something new to discover!  


Just around the corner is a new school year and my role is changing.  I will be teaching fourth grade and accepting a more formal responsibility as a technology leader in our school building.  Having said that, my blog will be shifting its focus a little bit from the first grade experience to a more general learning experience, with fourth grade focus.  Knowing there is a wide variety of viewers scouring this page encourages me to keep many of the good things about it while adding new features.  Some of what you find may be helpful for you and some may not.  But if I take something away that you like or use, please e-mail me (creynolds@op97.org) and let me know.  


Keep your eyes peeled for changes in the blog appearance and be sure to refresh your mind for a new school year with some of the academic links!